3 days 2 nights Maasai Mara Luxury Classic Safari.
Masai Mara, known as the home to the greatest animal show on earth.
The Mara Game Reserve, as it was originally known, was established in 1961. Today, it’s one of the best-known wildlife areas in Africa, home to healthy big cat populations and an abundance of plains game, bolstered by the arrival of millions of wildebeest during the Great Migration. Visit at any time and you have a good chance of seeing the big five animals like Lions, Elephants, Leopards, Buffalos, Rhino, Cheetah, and Masai giraffe as well as varied birdlife, hippo and crocodiles along the rivers.
The Summarized 3 Days, 2 Nights Itinerary
- Day 1: Journey to Masai Mara via the Great Escarpment, Evening Game Drive
- Day 2: Full day in Masai mara
- Day 3: Morning Game Drive followed by Departure to Nairobi
Full Safari Itinerary
DAY 1: NAIROBI – MASAI MARA
- (Appx: 265kms- (5 -6 hrs.): Pick up from your respective Nairobi hotel / airport / residence.
- 0800hrs: Proceed to the Masai Mara Game Reserve on the south west of Nairobi.
- Using a 4 X 4 tour vehicle, you’ll leave Nairobi and ease into the Nairobi- Nakuru highway making a stop at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint where you will have your first encounter with Kenya’s beauty.
- The Great Rift Valley spreads from the north to the south of Kenya and is a must-see panorama for those traveling to the Masai Mara by road.
- There are also curio shops located strategically around the viewpoint where you can buy some last-minute items such as a wide-brimmed hat or shawl and souvenirs. Please note that there will be other shops/ traders with the same items on your way. So, don’t exhaust your pockets.
- This first stop is also a chance for you to have a bathroom break and get some refreshments (basic coffee and local snacks such as mandazi and chapatti). Our guide will be at hand to guide you on what to try.
- After leaving the viewpoint, your driver will head towards Maasai Mara driving past Mt. Longonot, and Suswa ranges among other remarkable places, all viable at a fair distance.
- The trip to Maasai Mara takes 5-6 hours with a stop at Narok town for fueling and last-minute shopping for any personal items you might need. Narok town is the last stop in ‘civilization,’ so make good use of it! Some Nyama Choma maybe?
- We will then drive and arrive at the Maasai Mara safari lodge of your choice in time for lunch. We will offer to book the Maasai Mara hotel of your choice directly, effectively eliminating all the middle men to save you up to 30% upfront.
- We will then have lunch and leave you to relax in your room as you rejuvenate for the real adventure which begins with the evening game drive.
- Even a short game drive in the Maasai Mara gives you a hint of what awaits you in the ensuing days of your 3 day Maasai Mara safari packages. Before venturing deep into the rolling plains, you will soon encounter herds of different kinds of wildlife out grazing or chasing their dinner.
- If lucky, you might witness a predator on the hunt or spot a rare animal such as a Leopard. It is not uncommon to spot some of the big 5 [Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino] on your very first outing! Maasai Mara National Reserve is truly the ultimate Kenya safari destination.
- After the game drive, you will return to camp for dinner and overnight stay. Depending on your program, you may enjoy some drinks by a bonfire listening to different animal sounds in the distance, or if worn out from the day’s journey, jump into bed as tomorrow is another exciting day!
DAY 2: FULL DAY AT THE MASAI MARA
- Day two at the Maasai Mara affords you two options:
- You can opt for an all-day game drive with picnic lunch or
- Shorter game drives with returns to the hotel. For the elderly or families traveling with children, the latter is a better option.
- The day starts with a breakfast and depart for a morning long game drive or full day game drive.
- You can choose to have an evening game drive later in the day or opt to relax by the pool or engage in other activities such as visiting a Maasai village to learn a thing or two about their world-famous culture.
- If you book your trip between July to November, during the wildebeest migration, it is advisable to have an all-day game drive with picnic lunch carried in coolers. Typically, such lunch will be in the form of sandwiches, dry meats, fruits and drinks such as juice and water.
- Our experienced driver will locate a strategic place, typically by the Mara River where you will have a front row seat to the most exhilarating game show on earth.
- Thousands of wildebeest will try to cross the river into Kenya as crocodiles try to stop them. Hungry predators wait on the other side of the river giving you incredible moments that will seem unbelievable, no matter how many times you look at it.
- You will barely want to leave the action, but at lunchtime, your driver/ guide will pick a scenic (and safe) spot where you will enjoy your lunch as you discuss the incredible show you have just witnessed.
- After watching more of the spectacle that never gets dull, you will drive back to your safari lodge in time for dinner, and maybe spend some time in the ‘wilderness bathtub with your loved one, carrying memories that will last a lifetime.
DAY 3: MASAI MARA
- This is the last day of your Masai Mara 3 day’s safari. By now you have probably seen much of what makes the Masai Mara a world winning game reserve.
- So, you will leave your safari lodge after breakfast with bags packed as you will not be returning after your morning game drive. The drive will take you around the park perhaps to an area you hadn’t visited before as the vehicle slowly makes its way outside the park.
- You will then get on the road back to Nairobi. Depending on the time you might have a lunch stop in Narok town or get some snacks to keep you until you arrive in Nairobi, typically by 4 or 5 pm. You will then check in for the night at your hotel/residence or be transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
- Depending on the set departure time, or your wish, we can include more fun activities for this day—maybe taste what the famous Nairobi nightlife has to offer.
Tour Price Includes
What is Included in the Itinerary
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- A professional , well-versed tour guide, Kenyan and multi-lingual
- Round-trip transport to all attractions and destinations as per the itinerary (4×4 tour vehicle with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio. )
- Accommodation in Budget (economy), comfort, superior comfort, or luxury hotels, lodges, or tented camps as per your preference
- Meals on safari (full board B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.)
- Masai Mara game reserve entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water in the safari vehicle
- Game viewing drives as detailed in itinerary
- Note: Children are charged 75% adult price.
What is Not Included in the Itinerary?
- Pre-travel expenses (e.g. Passports and visas)
- Flight tickets(to and fro home)
- Accommodation on day before tour commences
- Accommodation on last day of the trip
- Travel insurance
- Expenses such as laundry charges, luxury drinks such as champagne etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Items and services of a personal nature
- Anything else not mentioned